5/30/2008

All by myself!

"Mere-Mere do it"..."Mere-Mere's turn"...or "I want to do it all by myself"...are becoming the most common phrases to come out of Meredith's mouth lately! She doesn't want me to help her get dressed or help give her a bath or blow dry her hair or anything else...including not wanting me to help change her diaper (scary)! She wants to do EVERYTHING all by herself!! I guess this is normal behavior for a 2 year old, or so I've been told, but this is all new to me!

For the most part, I don't mind...it is pretty harmless and quite cute...but sometimes (especially when we are in a hurry or if it involves a stinky diaper) it drives me CRAZY!! Plus, her outfit selection may occasionally lack some taste, but luckily it is generally easy to convince her to change (NOT always, though!). A couple of mornings ago, I could hear her digging through her drawers and I wondered what masterpiece of an outfit she was trying on! A few minutes later...she came out like this!


She did a pretty good job matching her shirt and pants, but the socks...this just cracks me up. I was laughing so hard when she came out! If you can't tell, she decided to wear daddy's socks instead this day. I love how the socks are more like tights or leg-warmers since they are SO HUGE! I also LOVE how she tried to layer and added a black sock on the one foot!

This is a territble picture of me since I look like I just woke up, but I like the picture anyway. Meredith is so silly and so much fun...I love it! We both had a little too much fun taking pictures of ourselves after we finished laughing about the whole sock thing! :)

5 comments:

julie said...

i LOVE that picture of you two... yes YOU!! it captures the moment so well. she is so adorable, sadie already has a mind of her own. i like to say "she has ideas" xo

Sheryl said...

What cute Holmes girls you are! She looks like her daddy, and has definite ideas like her daddy too! Good thing they are good ones!!

Elise said...

Funny, because I was thinking the complete opposite of that picture of you. I think you look absolutely beautiful!!

Funny about Meredith's outfit! She's a crack up!

Heidi said...

SO cute! I love the socks. Im sure we will all experience that at one point in our childrens lives! and I love that picture of you too! way cute!

Suzanne said...

I logged in to check your baby countdown. Wow- just over 3 weeks to go. Are you ready to start the baby days over? I don't think I was ever ready for that but I was always ready to be done being pregnant! You look fabulous too by the way. You can't even tell your pregnant in your face except that you are glowing:)

Abby likes to dress herself too and not only does it take forever but the combinations are usually blinding! That's great you captured this moment.