8/29/2009

Ducks

Meredith has been asking to feed the ducks for days, so we finally made it to central park for a little duck feeding frenzy. It always sounds like fun to feed the ducks, but whenever we actually arrive at the duck pond I instantly remember all of the things that I don't like about feeding the ducks. For instance: poop and feathers ALL over the ground, aggressive ducks and occassionally there are super-aggressive geese, not to mention the aggressive squirrels that won't leave you alone once they know you have food and to top it off...the worry that my kids may fall into the disgustingly nasty duck pond. :) All that aside, we had a good time. It was Nora's first time feeding the ducks, so I wondered how she would react. Generally, she has been a bit shy around animals, but when we got there I was surprised that she wasn't scared at all. In fact, she was walking around chasing the ducks. It was pretty cute! Meredith, of course, has never been scared of any animal...ever. I swear, she is a little veterinarian in the making...or maybe a marine biologist. We'll see.

After we finished feeding the ducks (and geese and squirrels) TWO bags of hot dog buns...yes, they were hungry little animals, we also had a few minutes to play at this little playground next to the pond. It is cute to watch Nora growing up. Now that she is mobile, she wants to do everything Meredith does. She can't quite keep up yet, but I'm sure soon enough, she will.












she LOVES going down the slide!






trying to keep up with meredith!
Meredith picking up Nora...like she always does...even though it is a BIG no-no. Grrr. This girl has fabulous listening skills...like most 3 year olds. :)

Oops. That's what happens when you try to pick up a baby that weighs almost as
much as you do!
sweet baby!



my crazy girl! she was actually going down the slide like this...she thought it was hilarious!

happy duckies with very full tummies! :)

ahhh. just watching the ducks and relaxing as the sun set. yes, it was a good visit!

8 comments:

Sara said...

oh how i want to squeeze those cuties. your pics are beautiful Kayla. i loved your post.

Heidi said...

how cute are those pictures! You are so so good! were you able to get your camera fixed yet?

Mama Bear said...

No, I haven't gotten it fixed yet. Amazingly enough, I am getting used to using it broken. haha!

Lisa said...

I feel the same way about feeding the ducks! Great pict's Nora is looking sooo cute too.

Sheryl said...

those eyes, those eyes, those gorgeous eyes!

Nikki said...

Seriously, can your girls get anymore gorgeous!!?? What cuties. Helps that they have a good looking dad and pretty mom too!! Love you guys and miss you!

Becca said...

I am in love with the fact that your kids are going to have amazing photos to remind them of how wonderful their childhood was!!!

eli&joelynn said...

what a picture perfect day!!