7/04/2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Nora!


My little baby just turned 1! I can honestly say that I can't believe how quickly this past year has flown by. When Meredith turned 1, I felt like I was ready for it. For some reason, I don't feel the same way about Nora. She is still supposed to be my baby!! I can still remember bringing her home from the hospital and welcoming her into our home like it was yesterday. She was such a sweet little newborn and she is still as sweet as ever. Happy birthday, Nora! We love you so much!

Here are some of my favorite things about my baby girl: her big blue eyes and her long curly lashes, her cute little gap in between her two front teeth, her soft skin, the way she throws her head back and laughs, the little coy glances she likes to give, the way she says mom (not mama or mommy), the way she whispers "wasat" (what's that), how she loves to hold our hands and walk around the house like a big girl, the way her hands and feet start going around in circles when she gets excited or anxious, watching her play with her favorite toy (musical blocks), watching her bob her head up and down every time she hears music, listening to her laugh at Meredith, watching her splash like crazy every time she takes a bath, the way she points at all the pictures in books and wants me to tell her about each thing, the way she squeezes her curious george stuffed animal when she grabs him and how she snuggles with him during every nap and each night while she sleeps. Oh, how I love my baby!

5 comments:

Rick and Wendy said...

Oh, how I love my baby!

Elise said...

What a sweet little girl. That was a great post.
I can't believe that she is 1 either! That pretty much means that we haven't walked together for a year too.
I can relate a little bit to what you said about Meredith's 1st birthday vs. Nora's first birthday. When Jordan turned 1 it seemed like such a looong year. Caden is already almost 5 months, and time is flying by so much faster this time around. NOOOOOOO!
Sweet Nora.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

WOW! I was not expecting her to be 1 already- she is still your baby!

Lisa said...

I am right there with you. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. I am so grateful for these sweet little ones who make it a little easier to be a mom.

Becca said...

ALREADY!!! for reals!!!! Happy birth day beautiful!!!