5/06/2009

I love Kauai!

Thanks to our dear friends...we just got back from spending a week in Kauai! Such a great trip! It was so nice to finally see our good friends, the Thurstons! We haven't seen them since I was pregnant with Meredith and it had been way too long. We had so much fun catching up...hopefully we'll see them again sooner than later. After spending a whole week with them in relatively tight quarters...I realize how well we actually get along! We miss you guys...especially you, Clayton! :) We both had babies with us, which made for a less-adventurous trip, but still an amazing week! Kauai is seriously probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever been...I definitely understand why they call it the "garden island". I don't know if I've ever so many different shades of green (and blue!) in the same place! I know people always talk about getting "island fever" if they are stuck on an island too long...but I'm not sure if that would ever happen to me?!? I love the laid-back atmosphere and the small-town/small-island feel. I think I would actually really enjoy living somewhere like that. Can't imagine that ever happening, though. Oh well. I can dream, right?

Here are part 1 of our pics...I'll post the 2nd half of our pics soon!

3 comments:

Brendon said...

That looks like so much fun! And so beautiful! As always, amazing pictures. Little Nora is growing up so fast! (We still have her baby picture on our fridge)

Heidi said...

WOW.. what a beautiful place! One day we will make it there. Who had Mere?

Beth said...

I can't stop thinking of it everyday! We had the time of our lives. We had so much fun with you two and sweet Nora. I hope she has fully recovered. Hopefully that is one of many meetings for her and Clayton. Have pictures for you!!!