10/07/2008

We love grandpa and grandma!

This last week we got to see a lot of grandma and grandpa...Meredith was in heaven! We went over to grandma and grandpa's for Mark's birthday, Happy Birthday, Mark!

Then on Thursday, Grandma came over to our place to celebrate her birthday! We had a delicious dinner (fajitias...my fav!) and some pumpkin cheesecake! I was nervous trying a new cheesecake recipe, but it actually was pretty good...and miraculously...it didn't crack! Woohoo! Meredith had so much fun with grandma and grandpa, that we decided to let her stay up past her bedtime. She finally went to bed at 10pm, but before she went to bed, she told grandma and grandpa that they couldn't leave! When she woke up the next morning, the first thing she said was..."where are grandma and grandpa?" She was so sad that they went home...she started to cry and told me that it hurt her feelings. So sweet!

We also went to grandma and grandpa's on Sunday for conference! Here are some pics from this past week! As you can see, Meredith can't get enough of her grandparents!



Meredith "driving" Leah's car...glad I don't have to worry about her learning to drive for a few more years! I'm not quite ready for that one! :)


5 comments:

Heidi said...

so sweet! that cheescake looks delicious!

Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

smartquacker said...

The girls are just too cute for words. I can not wait to see you.

eli&joelynn said...

I love grandmas and grandpas!! that is so sweet.. tell Mer I am so sorry her feelings got hurt (that is so darling):) I hope you get to see them for the holidays if not sooner..
ps that cheese cake looks AMAZING and Norah is the cutest little pumpkin!!

Sara said...

We love that grandma and grandpa too. Soo lucky to get to spend that time with them. Great job on the beautiful cheesecake. i bet it was fabulous. Hope to see you guys soon.

Sheryl said...

You are all blessed to live close enough to share more time together than most! Love the pictures of the kids with Grandma and Grandpa! Everyone looks sooo happy and loving every minute of it!