I love my girls so much...and it is so much fun to take pictures of them! I've always loved photography, but I recently have decided that I really need to figure out how to use my camera and get more serious about it. I don't have time for a class right now, but I'm excited to read a book that has been recommended to me. Plus, I'm planning to buy a new lens! Woohoo! I've been wanting this 50mm lens for awhile and thanks to my cousin, Marisa, I'm now convinced that I HAVE to have one! I also have to thank Marisa for recommending a great website that has shown me how to do a few simple things in photoshop...so addicting! I think I could spend all day playing on photoshop! Unfortunately, I don't have all day...but I do find time occassionally to play around! Today I decided I wanted to practice taking pics...and my girls were forced to be my subjects. Meredith was having a hard time holding still, but we still somehow managed to take some dang cute shots! I'm so lucky she puts up with me and my obsession with taking pictures! I love that girl! Anyhow, here are some of my favorite pictures from our little photo shoot today.
This one is my favorite picture of little Nora! Just looking at this picture makes me want to squeeze that girl! Mmmm...I just can't get enough!
Love this one of my girls! It is rare to get them both looking at the camera at the same time!! Plus, Nora isn't crying...so double bonus! :)
Do you see that look on Nora's face? I see that look ALL day long! Poor thing! Meredith loves her little sister SO much, but at you can tell from the picture...she may love her a little tiny bit TOO much!
My favorite pic of Meredith...don't her eyes look so mischevious? :)

15 comments:
you girls have been having so much fun!! i want to go to the petting zoo... i think sadie & mer have the animal love in common. what sweet little models they make. love those shots! xo
can we book you for our Christmas card setting?! You are amazing.. and your girls are simply beautiful!
Kayla your pictures are so beautiful, but that is nothing new! Seeing your girls together, i think Meredith looks more and more like you. She is so stinkin cute and most certainly has stinker in her eyes. I just love her! the picture with the both of them together looks like you and Robert as babies. you two should take one in the same pose together and compare. :)
i need to squish both those little turkeys. come over and play!
Love your pics...I need to get some tips from you! What book are you reading? Bryan Peterson? I wish we lived close...ahhhhh! Your girlies are seriously sooooo cute! I need one! Love ya K!:) And...I'm jealous you got to visit with Ms Mara! We need to have a roommate reunion!
We have always enjoyed looking at the pictures on you blog, and have said on more than once occasion that you guys take the BEST pictures...and you still have ambitions to get better. That's amazing!
Your daughters are priceless and absolutely adorable.
Yes, that is exactly what I think! (the comment before mine). I always love looking at the pictures on your blog because they are so vibrant in color and so "pleasing to the eye" as I like to say. Picture People WHO? Forget that! I will just pay you. Or if Jason has anything to do with it I will actually read about how to take pictures on my own. I wish I was as motivated as you are!
Beautiful pictures.
Kayla, you are so blessed with such beautiful girls! It's a good thing we don't live close because I would totally steal them!
Okay... I am now convinced I need a new camera and photoshop. Im sure I will be calling you when I get both to get some tips.
Very cute pictures! You are a good photographer.
your girls are so beautiful! and your pictures are phenomonal (sp?).
you were my inspiration for getting a nikon slr!!!
i have some pretty cool photoshop aritcles that my friend gave me. i will email them to you. ( i just have the regular Photoshop CS - not CS3).
and also - what photography class did you take? would you recommend it?
hope you are well!
You never need to go to a photographer again. Those are amazing. Come take some of my kids please!
Kayla, you are an awesome photographer! All those photos are absolutely amazing!
And again, your girls are gorgeous!
such cute pics of your girls! what a fun photo shoot. p.s i love mere's hot pink salt water shoes. we are excited to come out and play in a couple weeks! yeahhh!
wow those are some awesome pictures. I looooove them! Your girls are beautiful! xo melissa
Hey Kayla! Your Pictures look awesome! I am equally addicted and having a hard time finding time to edit all my pictures. Now I am not happy unless I photoshop them. Anyway...I left you a note on my blog tonight because I remembered that I forgot to call you back with the recipe. Sorry!!Here is the link with that one plus lots more. http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment