4/12/2008

Prehistoric birthday party

Our friend, Aaron, had a surprise birthday party last Friday at Prehistoric Pets in Fountain Valley. Happy birthday, Aaron! We had never visited before and Meredith absolutely loved it! Aaron's wife, Sarah, planned the whole thing and did a fabulous job! After some yummy pizza we got to sit down and enjoy a presentation at the store. They brought out a bunch of different snakes and lizards...even a tarantala and a scorpian. Meredith loves animals, but I was still surprised how brave she was around all of these reptiles. She wanted to hold and touch everything...except for the spider and scorpian, luckily! We are so proud! :)


Monitor lizard
Python
Can't remember what this one was...I think a king snake?

Frilled lizardMeredith and her friend, Jordan, checking out a big lizard!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are way braver than I am- holding a snake! Yikes. Way to make all us wimps look bad!!

Hoagland Family said...

Wow...your sooo brave. Snakes kinda freak me out!!

Grasshopper said...

I love that Meredith has no fear - she must get that perfect blend of femininity and toughness from her mom. Totally kick-butt. She rocks.

Beth said...

Holy cow your brave! Looks like fun.

julie said...

loving all these updates! keep up the good work girl. 68 days to go... wow! i hope you are feeling well lately...

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

she is braver than I am! (is it braver or more brave?)

sorry my english sucks!

Heidi said...

EEEK! you are one brave girl! I should probably get used to those kinds of things, since I do have a little boy.

Lisa said...

Will you take Zoe there because I'm too chicken to touch creepy crawlies?