4/15/2008

My sleep deprived baby!

Most of you already know that Meredith is not exactly a great sleeper. Unfortunately, she never has been! She didn't sleep through the night until she was 14 months old and she has never been a good napper, either. Luckily her naps have been a lot better lately, but as you can see from the next few pictures...she is definitely still not getting enough sleep at night. As soon as little munchkin turned 2, she decided she wanted to stay up and play instead of going to bed at 7:30. So now she goes to bed at 8:30...even 9:00...but still gets up at 6 a.m!! Can you blame her for being tired? Poor thing...maybe someday we'll be able to get her back on schedule???

Here are 2 pictures from conference Sunday. She was so tired, but of course refused to nap because there were better things to do. A few minutes later, she completely dosed off while sitting up next to Papa. It was pretty funny...her little head was bobbing all over the place for a minute or two!

Here we are after our morning walk. She usually stays awake the whole time and plays/fights with her partner-in-crime...Jordan, but lately this is becoming more common! This girl really needs to learn how to sleep-in a bit...for both of our sakes!! Note that she actually fell asleep in her sunglasses...how cute is that?

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

So precious- Especially when they sleep! Hopefully your next one will be a sleeper. That is rough:)

Heidi said...

SO CUTE! I hope she starts sleeping more on her own. Jackson has started to try to avoid his naps. I have a really hard time listening to him cry for longer than 15 minutes, so I guess 1/2 of it is my fault. I wish we lived near you guys. I would be on those morning walks with you.

julie said...

love it! she is just a busy girl with too much to do. who has time for a nap... actually i wish i did!!

Beth said...

Maybe you have paid your dues with a bad sleeper and your next will be a dream. I bet it will get even better when she completly grows out of the nap stage. Jacob still wakes me up once a night and he's almost 5. I just keep telling myself someday!

Shannan said...

too cute! at least she seems to be able to sleep anywhere (when she finally decides she is tired).

Busy B Preschool said...

She is so beautiful!

Elise said...

Yes, partners in crime. . . for sure! Can you send those pics to me when you get a chance? Gosh, seeing these pictures of her makes me feel like I need a nap too! Maybe one morning WE can sit in the stroller and they can push us! Awww. . . how sad. The thought of resting is nice, but the visual of them pushing us is sad--as if that's even possible! One prego and one fatty watty :)